THIS QUIZ IS FROM THE STORY OF JACOB READ ALL ABOUT IT IN GENESIS 25 - 35
CLICK ON THE CORRECT ANSWER OR ANSWERS 1. What were the names of the two sons born to Isaac and Rebekkah? Gen. 25 A. Cain and Abel B. Jacob and Esau C. Abbott and Costello
2. What did Esau trade his brother for his birthright? Gen. 25:34 A. A bowl of soup B. A million Dollars C. Nothing; why would he sell his birthright?
3. How did Jacob trick his father into giving him his brother's blessing? Gen. 27 A. He disguised himself as a travelling salesman B. He wore sunglasses C. He wore sheep-skin to give him hairy arms (Esau must have been a really hairy guy)
4. After Jacob stole the blessing from him, Esau was Gen. 27: 38 & 41 A. Bored B. Sad C. Very angry
5. Who's house did Jacob escape to when he knew his brother wanted to kill him? Gen. 28:5 A. His Uncle Laban's B. His cousin Louie's C. His neighbor Mr. Rogers'
6. On his way to Laban's house, what strange dream did Jacob have? Gen. 28 A. Some skinny cows ate some fat cows B. A ladder went to Heaven and angels were walking up and down on it C. A loaf of bread came down a hill and squished the bad guys
7. What did Laban do to trick Jacob? Gen 29 (also 31:38) A. He made him work 7 years to marry the wrong daughter (Leah) B. He made him work for 7 more years to marry the one he wanted (Rachel) C. He made him work 6 more years to get a herd of cattle
8. How many sons did Jacob have? see Gen. 42:32 A. Twelve B. Twenty C. Two
9. What bad news did Jacob get on his journey home with his family? Gen. 32:6 A. That his car broke down and needed to be fixed B. That there was going to be a really bad storm C. That his brother Esau was coming to get him
10. On the night he waited for his brother to come, what did Jacob do? Gen. 32:24 A. Played solitaire B. Wrestled with someone C. Ran away
11. When Jacob named the place where he had spent the night Penial (which means "face to face with God") who was he saying he had wrestled with? Gen. 32:30 A. Esau B. God C. himself
12. What famous name did God change Jacob's to? Gen. 32:28 A. Abraham B. Joshua C. Israel
13. Jacob learned the hard way that whose way is best? (Psalm 18:30) A. his way B. God's way
Think about it: How was Jacob's wrestling match with God in Gen. 32 a picture of how our lives sometimes are with God?